Sunday, November 8, 2015

Book Review #600 - The Strange Case of Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde by Robert Louis Stevenson


Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde


My Rating: 3/5 


Source: Bought


Buy: The Book Depository


Goodreads


Everyone has a dark side. Dr Jekyll has discovered the ultimate drug. A chemical that can turn him into something else. Suddenly, he can unleash his deepest cruelties in the guise of the sinister Hyde. Transforming himself at will, he roams the streets of fog-bound London as his monstrous alter-ego. It seems he is master of his fate. It seems he is in complete control. But soon he will discover that his double life comes at a hideous price . . . 


I read this as part of my 1001 Books you must read before you die challenge where I try and read one book from the list per month. This was my choice for September. 


Classics and me do not have a great history. I can count on one hand the amount of classics I have read that I have loved as much as I was supposed to. I generally just tolerate them and this book was no exception. 


I am sure I will re-read this book when I am older and get a lot from it but now is definitely not that time. 


This book was barely over 100 pages long but felt so much longer as I kept losing track of what was happening as I found my focus in this book was extremely hard to keep for long periods of time. 


The major problem I had with this book is that I knew the ultimate plot twist. I can't help but think what I would have thought of this book had I not known the end. 

No comments:

Post a Comment