Monday, March 17, 2014

Book Review #422 - Alice's Adventures in Wonderland (Alice's Adventures in Wonderland #1) by Lewis Carroll


2568513





Alice lives an ordinary life, until the day she follows the White Rabbit down, down, down a rabbit hole. She suddenly finds herself in an enchanted world, surrounded by zany creatures like the Mad Hatter, the Duchess, and the Cheshire Cat. Alice is delighted to find that nothing in Wonderland is the least bit ordinary.


My Rating: 2.5/5


I read this book as part of my challenge of reading all the books from the 1001 Books to Read Before You Die list.


I found this book really disappointing as I had rather high expectations for it.


The writing was all over the place and had no continuity to it.


I thought that the talking animals were completely overdone although I did like their character and they brought to life the fantasy feel of the book.


I never thought I would say this, but this seems to be a story that I prefer the movie version.

No comments:

Post a Comment